Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fear A Day 18: Going To A Meeting



First of all, it was real weird to go to a support group meeting and have no one else show up.  Not…very…supportive… I'm glad I wasn't on the edge of any type of serious breakdown, because I would have been screwed.  It was like calling a suicide hotline and getting a busy signal.  So messed up.  On my second attempt, I was able to find a meeting that people actually attended and then things got intense.  I know that I can be quite an emotional person and I guess my fear here was putting myself in a situation that could possibly open the floodgates.  And it happened.  As I listened to everyone else share how they've been feeling lately or a specific story, I couldn't help but get the same pit in my stomach that I would get when I knew my turn to read was coming up in English class.  So I shared and the floodgates definitely opened.  

No comments:

Post a Comment