Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fear A Day 11: Singing Karaoke



Far, far, far too sober!  Yes, singing in public is utterly frightening to me!  I've only done karaoke a few times in the past and my strategy was always to be incredibly drunk and to do it with other people, so they could sing into the microphone while I would pretty much lip sync.  I am a killer at lip syncing!  Not so much at singing… After going back and forth in my head, I decided to go with Dolly Parton's "9 to 5".  It's high energy and empowering, the perfect kind of song for karaoke.  I was still so freaked out and couldn't get out of my head.  Towards the end of the song, when there was one last repeat of the chorus, I had decided I was done.  I put the microphone back in the stand, looked out at everyone and announced, "I'm finished, this is done".  But the song wasn't done, so instead I just stood there uncomfortably until it actually was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment