Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Fear A Day 10: Messaging Someone



Rejection is a definite fear.  Enough of a fear to keep me from moving forward with many opportunities, just to save face.  In the world of dating, rejection is unavoidable.  If you have never been rejected you should know that I hate you.  Whether the situation involves me being rejected, or me trying to politely decline someone else, it is the most uncomfortable!  But what's the point of the dating profile I created the week before, if I don't give it a try?  So I scoped some boys, a lot sounded kind of boring.  Others were creepy intense and on a serious hunt for their soul mate, which was a little too much for me.  I guess I just wasn't taking this experience or myself quite as serious as they were.  Finally, I found this guy's profile.  He seemed to perhaps be interesting and at least had a superb beard.  So, I gave it a go and sent him a message.  I thought I was fun, flirty and adorable in it.  I suppose he was not impressed though, because I never received a response.  I like to assume that his profile was just hiding his secret lameness and I lucked out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment