Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Fear A Day 16: Contacting A Graduate Program After Being Rejected



Three years ago, I applied to a bunch of photo grad programs and didn't get into any of them. The rejection was very intense for me.  I had to take some time to let my ego recover from the beating and formulate a new project to pour my energy into.  Two years later I felt ready to try again and I went for it hard.  I was so focused on grad school and getting in this time, I changed a lot in my life to focus on that goal.  I did not want to have a repeat of rejection across the board.  CCA in San Francisco was one the schools at the top of my list.  I flew across the country from Delaware just to go to the Graduate National Portfolio Day that they hosted, because I was serious.  So, when I was rejected by them, it was hard for me to swallow.  Reaching out to them to find out what it was that was holding me back was not an easy move to make.  Honestly, I wanted to just bury myself in a pile of blankets and stay in bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment